October, (too?) warm autumn and variety of activities

 October started with a beautiful weather, too good to feel normal. We felt like we were in summer and this warmth was appreciable but it got me anxious, we can already feel global warming and it's terrifying. 
Apart from this feeling of world ending, we started the routine of the theater workshops. I discovered with enthusiasm the different groups and the way Silvia handles the workshops. 

I had to come back to France for two days for an appointment and every time I go back to my hometown I feel like it breaks a bit the dynamic of the volunteering. I want to stay more in Camprovín to really enjoy the experience and not feel always disconnected. Also when I am in France I feel like my family don't understand really what I'm doing in Camprovín and why, there don't ask me that much question and I feel like it's blur for them. That's why I think it would be better if I managed to live fully the experience here and then come back in France for real. 

Then there were Camprovín fiestas! A friend of mine, Lisa, came to visit me, I was super happy to show her my life here. We participated in the fair for kids, we played witched, it was a lot of fun. Then we partied, costumed ourselves for the contest on the theme "eras" and on sunday there were Las Vueltas, I arrived late because of tiredness and hangover but got to do the end of it, what a moment! 
On the next morning I found my car damaged, someone had hit it in the night... I felt angry and sad but then I saw that it was still working and that's the principal. Mary Grace went back to Italy on Wednesday, it felt really weird to see her leave, she will come back on December. Then we welcomed a volunteer the girls met on the formations of arrival and midterm. He is volunteering in a farm-community near Barcelona, that was really nice to know about the project he was involved in and to show him Camprovín and the activities we do here. 

Then I came back to France again to do my formation of arrival online and to bring Timothée, my brother, to Camprovín. The online formation was more fun than what I expected, the facilitators really tried their best to make it interesting and interactive. On the 4th day in front the screen I have to admit I was kind of tired to be seated the whole day and was happy it was coming to an end. Nevertheless I learned new things and got to meet other volunteers from Spain, which was super interesting and refreshing. 

I came back to Camprovín with Tim, who has Down Syndrome and will maybe participate in the summer art project in the village, so this visit was kind of a test for him, to see if he likes it here. He participated in the workshops with Arsido, Tomas Mingot and Beyond, every time he was involved and enthusiastic. The language barrier sometimes makes it difficult for him to stay focused but he really enjoys the experience. 
The second day we arrived, we performed the performative road for Halloween, about our real fears in life (cancer, domestic violence, depression, death of loved ones). It was an amazing moment, we worked as a team, Marta directed this performance with a lot of creativity, we changed the lights in the village, it was a very stimulating group work, each one of us had the opportunity to bring ideas and art. We ended up celebrating at the bar.

A lot of things happened during this month of October, I feel energized and I know I still have to process everything that happened and maybe a bit of inner calm. Also big shoutout to Baila Como Quieras, this workshop makes me feel incredibly good in my body and mind, I want it everyday!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

December on the run

My first month as a volunteer - July and its winged shoes

A vibrant and soothing August